This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1265 / 51°7'35"N
Longitude: 0.2586 / 0°15'31"E
OS Eastings: 558147
OS Northings: 138782
OS Grid: TQ581387
Mapcode National: GBR MPZ.676
Mapcode Global: VHHQD.FYL9
Entry Name: 7, the Pantiles
Listing Date: 20 May 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1066598
English Heritage Legacy ID: 168123
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
District: Tunbridge Wells
Town: Tunbridge Wells
Electoral Ward/Division: Pantiles and St Mark's
Built-Up Area: Royal Tunbridge Wells
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Tunbridge Wells King Charles the Martyr
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
1. THE PANTILES
(South East Side)
TQ 5838 NW 1/1 20.5.52.
Erected in 1660 as a private house and converted into a shop in 1768. 3 storeys,
fronted with painted wood. The 2nd floor has 2 sashes with glazing bars intact.
The lst floor has 2 curved bays with tripartite glazing. 2 large curved shop
windows below, also with the glazing bars intact. Over these shop windows a
wide continuous hood or entablature has been added. Good shop interior with
cast iron columns. On the north east front of the house, in Pink Alley, is a
doorway with a curved flight of 4 steps with an unusual early Cl9 carved trellised
Nos 1 to 7 (odd) and 11 to 19 (odd) form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ5815038778
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings