This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5211 / 51°31'15"N
Longitude: -0.1477 / 0°8'51"W
OS Eastings: 528608
OS Northings: 181866
OS Grid: TQ286818
Mapcode National: GBR C8.0X
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.D188
Entry Name: 98, Harley Street W1
Listing Date: 10 September 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1066664
English Heritage Legacy ID: 210087
Location: Westminster, London, W1G
District: City of Westminster
Electoral Ward/Division: Marylebone High Street
Built-Up Area: City of Westminster
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Marylebone
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2881 NE CITY OF WESTMINSTER HARLEY STREET, Wl
45/28 (East side)
10.9.54 No. 98
Terraced town house, c.1777 Portland Estate development, probably by
John White in partnership with the plasterer Thomas Collins (associates of
Sir William Chambers). Stock brick; slate roof. 5 storeys. 3 windows
wide. Semicircular arched doorway to left with Coade stone vermiculated
rustications and head keystone; panelled door, sidelights and patterned
fanlight. Recessed sashes, under flat gauged arches to upper floors. 1st
floor plat band and sill band, cornice over 2nd floor, modillion cornice
over 3rd floor. Continuous cast iron early C.19 balcony to 1st floor.
Cast iron plumbed spike finials. Interior retains some good features
common to the 1770s speculative 1st rate houses in Harley Street; top lit
stone geometrical staircase with wrought iron balustrade; flute and patera
friezes, stucco mythological medallions over marble chimneypieces; etc.
Listing NGR: TQ2860781865
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings