This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5214 / 51°31'17"N
Longitude: -0.1479 / 0°8'52"W
OS Eastings: 528596
OS Northings: 181906
OS Grid: TQ285819
Mapcode National: GBR B8.ZS
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.D05Z
Entry Name: 108, Harley Street W1
Listing Date: 10 September 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1066665
English Heritage Legacy ID: 210091
Location: Westminster, London, W1G
District: City of Westminster
Electoral Ward/Division: Marylebone High Street
Built-Up Area: City of Westminster
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Marylebone
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2881 NE CITY OF WESTMINSTER HARLEY STREET, Wl
45/16 (East side)
10.9.54 No. 108
Terraced town house. c.1777 Portland Estate development, probably by
John White in partnership with the plasterer Thomas Collins (associates of
Sir William Chambers). Stock brick with channelled stucco ground floor;
slate roof. 4 storeys, basement and dormered mansard. 3 windows wide.
Broad semicircular arched doorway to right with Coade stone vermiculated
rustications and head keystone; panelled door, sidelights,moulded doorhead
and fanlight. Recessed sashes, under flat gauged arches to upper floors.
1st floor plat band and sill band, cornice over 2nd floor and modillion
cornice and blocking course. Cast iron mid C.19 balcony to 1st floor.
Cast iron plumbed spike area railings. Interior retains some good
original features with top lit stone geometrical staircase with wrought
iron balustrade and stucco mythological relief medallion over marble
chimneypiece of ground floor front room etc; all features common to these
1770s speculative 1st rate houses in Harley Street.
Listing NGR: TQ2859681906
Other nearby listed buildings