This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5003 / 51°30'1"N
Longitude: -0.15 / 0°9'0"W
OS Eastings: 528506
OS Northings: 179549
OS Grid: TQ285795
Mapcode National: GBR BJ.HC
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.CK17
Entry Name: 17, Grosvenor Place Sw1
Listing Date: 14 January 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1066733
English Heritage Legacy ID: 209962
Location: Westminster, London, SW1X
District: City of Westminster
Electoral Ward/Division: Knightsbridge and Belgravia
Built-Up Area: City of Westminster
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Peter Eaton Square
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2879 NW and NE CITY OF WESTMINSTER GROSVENOR PLACE, SW1
14.1.70 No. 17
Terraced town mansion. c.1868 by Thomas Cundy III. Portland stone and
some pink granite, slate roof. Eclectic "French Renaissance" style,
slightly different from Nos. 6 to 16 q.v. 4 storeys and basement with 2
storeys of dormers in tall French pavilion-dome roof and mansard behind.
4 windows wide and long return with entrance and 2 canted bays rising
through 3 storeys. Arched stone porch with enriched panelled pilasters
and balustraded parapet. Large recessed plate glass sashes, with
enriched archivolt arches on 1st floor. Sill and band courses, bracketed
main cornice and parapet. Bracketed stone balcony to 1st floor with
ornate cast iron balustrade. Iron cresting to pavilion roof. Stone
balustrade to area. Part of the Grosvenor Estate redevelopment of
Grosvenor Gardens and Grosvenor Place in the late 1860s.
Listing NGR: TQ2850679549
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings