This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5203 / 51°31'13"N
Longitude: -0.1587 / 0°9'31"W
OS Eastings: 527846
OS Northings: 181763
OS Grid: TQ278817
Mapcode National: GBR 89.J5
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.61GV
Entry Name: 94-104, Gloucester Place W1
Listing Date: 14 January 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1066788
English Heritage Legacy ID: 209814
Location: Westminster, London, W1U
District: City of Westminster
Electoral Ward/Division: Marylebone High Street
Built-Up Area: City of Westminster
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Mary Bryanston Square
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2718 NE CITY OF WESTMINSTER GLOUCESTER PLACE, Wl
43/36 (East side)
14.1.70 Nos. 94 to 104 (even)
Terrace of town houses. c. 1800, Portman Estate development. Stock brick
with stucco banded and block rustication to ground floors; slate roofs
mostly concealed. 4 storeys and basements, some dormered mansards.
3-window wide fronts. Semicircular arched doorways to right except for
left hand entrance to No. 94, panelled doors with side lights and inset
columns or jamb pilasters, Coade imposts and delicately patterned fanlights
with lead ornament. Recessed sashes, under flat gauged arches to upper
floors. Plat band over ground floor stuccowork; stucco crowning cornices
and blocking courses. Original, cast iron, geometric, Gothick and
anthemion patterned 1st floor balconies. Cast iron area railings with urn
finials. Part of one of the most extensive and intact sequences of
Georgian terraced houses in London.
Listing NGR: TQ2784681763
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings