This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3067 / 52°18'24"N
Longitude: -0.8951 / 0°53'42"W
OS Eastings: 475427
OS Northings: 268193
OS Grid: SP754681
Mapcode National: GBR BVH.8J8
Mapcode Global: VHDRS.F9M1
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 2 November 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1067059
English Heritage Legacy ID: 360225
Location: Pitsford, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN6
Civil Parish: Pitsford
Built-Up Area: Pitsford
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Pitsford All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
SP76NE PITSFORD CHURCH LANE
9/236 Church of All Saints
Church. C12 and C14 with chancel and general restoration of 1863 by Slater
and Carpenter. Squared coursed lias with stone slate and lead roofs. Aisled
nave, chancel and west tower. Chancel, 2-window range of 2-light windows with
geometrical tracery. East window similar of 3 lights. Gabled roof with ashlar
gable parapets, kneelers, corbels and finial block. South aisle of 4-window
range of 2-light windows with reticulated tracery, probably C19. Similar 3-
light east and west windows. Ashlar parapet with lean-to roof. C19 gabled
south porch with finial between windows 1 and 2 from left has C12 doorway
under with shafts and zig-zag decoration. The tympanum represents St. George
and the Dragon on faith fighting evil. North aisle similar of 3-window
range of 2-light windows with reticulated tracery, probably C19. East and west
windows similar of 3 and 2 lights, C14. Ashlar gable parapets and lean-to lead
roof. Gabled nave roof with ashlar parapet and finial. Short west tower.
2 light bell openings to each face with single cusped lancets alongside on
north and south faces. Plain ashlar parapet. Interior: Nave arcade C19 of
5 bays with chamfered arches and quatrefoil piers with foliated capitals
carved by Gillet of Leicester. Similar chancel arch. C14 triple-chamfered
tower arch. Carved corbels with saints emblems and detached shaft above
supporting C19 collar trussed roof with curved braces. Stained glass window.
C14 arched tomb recess in north aisle, various late C18 and early C19
inscribed tablets above. Piscina with ogee head in north aisle, font C14,
octagonal with flat gables.
(Buildings of England : Northamptonshire, p.374).
Listing NGR: SP7542768193
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings