This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4112 / 53°24'40"N
Longitude: -2.1571 / 2°9'25"W
OS Eastings: 389651
OS Northings: 390501
OS Grid: SJ896905
Mapcode National: GBR FXCZ.SW
Mapcode Global: WHB9W.TJZ7
Entry Name: Premises Formerly Occupied by National Westminster Bank
Listing Date: 10 March 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1067154
English Heritage Legacy ID: 210869
Location: Stockport, SK1
Electoral Ward/Division: Brinnington and Central
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Stockport
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Stockport St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 8990 NE 1/174,
SJ 8990 SE 2/174
ST PETERSGATE (East Side),
Premises formerly occupied by National Westminster Bank
(Formerly listed as: Premises occupied by National Westminster Bank)
Late C19 or early C20 bank of classical palazzo design. Three storeys. Brick with
ashlar dressings and ground floor. Moulded stone cornice and bands. Attached
column to angle 1-4-1 windows, the four inner ones having shaped heads and segmental
arches, the outer windows, in channelled pilasters, have shaped heads and round
arches. Ground floor has two doorways with rounded arches with keystones and blocked
fanlights. Left doorway has granite columns. Four windows, round-arched heads.
three windows to Market Place elevation. Battered plinth.
Premises formerly occupied by National Westminster Bank form a group with Nos 8 & 13
Market Place, and Market Hall, and with Bridge in St Petersgate.
Listing NGR: SJ8965190501
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings