History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Number 7 and Attached Railings

A Grade II Listed Building in Frognal and Fitzjohns, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.5557 / 51°33'20"N

Longitude: -0.1796 / 0°10'46"W

OS Eastings: 526301

OS Northings: 185656

OS Grid: TQ263856

Mapcode National: GBR D0.MDK

Mapcode Global: VHGQR.T5X8

Entry Name: Number 7 and Attached Railings

Listing Date: 11 August 1950

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1067342

English Heritage Legacy ID: 476933

Location: Camden, London, NW3

County: London

District: Camden

London Borough Ward: Frognal and Fitzjohns

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: St John Hampstead

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
Hampstead

Listing Text


CAMDEN

TQ2685NW CHURCH ROW
798-1/26/220 (North side)
11/08/50 No.7
and attached railings

GV II

Terraced house. c1728. Built by R Hughes, refronted probably
late C19. Patched brown brick with red brick dressings. 3
storeys and basement. 1 window. Architraved doorcase with
console-bracketed hood, radial patterned fanlight and panelled
door. Segmental arched, flush framed sashes with exposed
boxing. Parapet. Rear elevation has timber-framed and
weatherboarded extension for staircase.
INTERIOR: ground floor formerly two or more rooms, now one,
with traces of former door into No. 6 at rear. Early C18
corner fireplace and early C18 shell cupboard with fluted
surrounds and H-hinges, the latter probably brought in during
early C20. Staircase has thin turned baluster stairs. First
floor also now a single room, which retains traces of former
door into No. 6. Second floor is two rooms deep, divided by
plank and muntin screen, and with dado panelling in front
room.
SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached cast-iron railings.
(RCHME: London: Vol. II, West London: London: -1925: 42;
Victoria County History: Middlesex, Vol. IX, Paddington &
Hampstead Parishes: London: -1989: 20).

Listing NGR: TQ2630185656

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.