This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5115 / 53°30'41"N
Longitude: -2.3214 / 2°19'17"W
OS Eastings: 378783
OS Northings: 401699
OS Grid: SD787016
Mapcode National: GBR D04.26
Mapcode Global: WH983.9ZTV
Entry Name: St Augustine's Gatehouse
Listing Date: 30 March 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1067509
English Heritage Legacy ID: 211958
Location: Salford, M27
Electoral Ward/Division: Pendlebury
Built-Up Area: Salford
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Swinton and Pendlebury Team
Church of England Diocese: Manchester
SWINTON & PENDLEBURY BOLTON ROAD
SD 70 SE
2/4 St. Augustine's
Gatehouse to church and school. c.1874. By G. F. Bodley for
Edward Stanley Heywood. Brick with stone dressings and clay
tile roof. 2 bays and 2 storeys with small wing to rear.
Free Gothic style. Striated ashlar bands to brickwork.
Arched way through to left, the hoodmould of which breaks
through the continuous hoodmould. 2 ground floor windows
with 3-light casements and brick relieving arches. One
similar window on first floor. Elaborate surround to coat of
arms above way through. Coped gables with kneelers. Bold
projecting chimneystack with stone cornice to right 3-light
double-chamfered mullion windows to left and rear have had
mullions removed. Other single-light windows are transomed
and have cusped heads.
Listing NGR: SD7878301699
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings