History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Station Master's House

A Grade II Listed Building in Hale Central, Trafford

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3786 / 53°22'42"N

Longitude: -2.3477 / 2°20'51"W

OS Eastings: 376967

OS Northings: 386914

OS Grid: SJ769869

Mapcode National: GBR DY1C.JL

Mapcode Global: WH98V.XB7R

Entry Name: Station Master's House

Listing Date: 2 May 1977

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1067919

English Heritage Legacy ID: 212883

Location: Trafford, WA14

County: Trafford

Electoral Ward/Division: Hale Central

Built-Up Area: Hale (Trafford)

Traditional County: Cheshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester

Church of England Parish: Hale St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Chester

Find accommodation in
Altrincham

Listing Text

In the entry for:-
SJ 78 NE HALE ASHLEY ROAD
(North-east side)
7/123
Station Master's
2.5.77 House

GV II

The description shall be amended to read:-

SJ 78 NE HALE ASHLEY ROAD
(North-east side)
7/123
Station Master's
2.5.77 House

GV II

Farmhouse, then station master's house, now veterinary surgery. Mid C19. Flemish
bond brick with slate roof. Double-depth central-entrance plan with 2 storeys with
service wing to rear. Door with pitched canopy. Sash windows with stone sills and
flat brick arches on the ground floor. Gable ridge stacks. The right-hand end wall
forms part of the station range. Interior includes minor joinery including a wedge
door. Known as Peel Causeway Farmhouse before the opening of the railway in 1862.
Included for group value. `

------------------------------------

SJ 78 NE HALE ASHLEY ROAD
(north-east
side)

7/123 Station Master's
2.5.77 House

G.V. II

Farmhouse, then stationmaster's house, now veterinary
surgery. Mid C19. Flemish bond brick with slate roof.
Double-depth central-entrance plan with 2 storeys. Door with
pitched canopy. Sash windows with stone sills and flat brick
arches on the ground floor. Gable ridge stacks. Known as
Peel Causeway Farmhouse before the opening of the railway in
1862. Included for group value.


Listing NGR: SJ7696786914

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.