This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.399 / 53°23'56"N
Longitude: -2.9932 / 2°59'35"W
OS Eastings: 334056
OS Northings: 389591
OS Grid: SJ340895
Mapcode National: GBR 72R.JJ
Mapcode Global: WH876.ZTTM
Entry Name: Britannia Pavilion and the Colonnades, Albert Dock
Listing Date: 28 June 1952
Last Amended: 19 June 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1068409
English Heritage Legacy ID: 213632
Location: Liverpool, L3
Electoral Ward/Division: Riverside
Built-Up Area: Liverpool
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Liverpool Our Lady and St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 23/10/2015
SJ 34 89
ALBERT DOCK L3
Britannia Pavilion and The Colonnades
(Formerly listed as Warehouse B and C, previously listed under Canning Place with other warehouses)
Former warehouses to south and west of dock. 1841-5. J Hartley. Iron frame and brick with stone dressings, iron clad roof. 5 storeys, L-plan building, 47 bays to Gower Street with 1st 4 bays recessed. 2 recesses of 9 x 6 bays; 55 bays to west facade with 3 recesses of 9 x 5 bays. Facade to dock has recessed ground floor with Doric colonnade of iron columns (2 granite columns to angle) above granite rubble dock wall. Quoins and top parapet. Segmental-headed windows. 2 entrances to Gower Street have granite gate piers. Albert Dock is one of the earliest enclosed docks in the world and is a complete example of the type.
Listing NGR: SJ3405689591
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings