This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.2025 / 52°12'9"N
Longitude: 0.1242 / 0°7'27"E
OS Eastings: 545261
OS Northings: 258157
OS Grid: TL452581
Mapcode National: GBR L79.VLP
Mapcode Global: VHHK3.3WJY
Entry Name: Police Station
Listing Date: 18 May 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1068682
English Heritage Legacy ID: 47739
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2
Electoral Ward/Division: Market
Built-Up Area: Cambridge
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Holy Trinity Cambridge
Church of England Diocese: Ely
ST ANDREW'S STREET
TL 4558 SW 7/651 18.5.67.
1901, by John Morley, in the manner of G G Scott the younger's New Building
at Pembroke of 1883 (qv). Ashlar faced. 3 storeys and attics, in 5 bays.
The ground floor has a central doorway, with 2-light mullion and transom
windows to right. The left hand bays have been altered for a garage entrance.
The original openings all have Gibbs surrounds. The 1st floor has 2-light
mullion windows, above 2-light with mullion and transom. All windows are
leaded lattice casements. Over the doorway is a 5-light 3-transom window.
Pedimented and Venetian gabled dormers on the attic storey with balustrades
between. Slate roof.
Listing NGR: TL4526158157
Other nearby listed buildings