This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3148 / 51°18'53"N
Longitude: 0.8852 / 0°53'6"E
OS Eastings: 601163
OS Northings: 161257
OS Grid: TR011612
Mapcode National: GBR SW3.GM9
Mapcode Global: VHKJW.96BW
Entry Name: Almhouses (Nos 1 to 30 and the Chapel)
Listing Date: 4 May 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1069408
English Heritage Legacy ID: 176008
Location: Faversham, Swale, Kent, ME13
Civil Parish: Faversham
Built-Up Area: Faversham
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
1103 (North-west Side)
(Nos 1 to 30 &
TR 0l6l SW 2/157A The Chapel)
Gothic building of 1863-4 designed by Messrs Hooker and Wheeler of
Brenchley, Kent, and built by G W Chinnock brothers of Southampton.
Symmetrical range 470 feet long, with return wings 120 feet long
facing Tanners Street and Napleton Street. Red brick, with white
bulk bands and stone dressings, tiled roofs. Casement windows.
At each end of the main front are 2 low towers containing water
tanks. 2 projections With gables between these and the centre.
Arcaded ground floor with gabled porches between the main gabled
projections. In the centre of the main front is the chapel which
is a Decorated stone building which projects. This has 2-light
windows with quatrefoils in the spandels; formerly, pointed bell
turret on either side of roof.
Listing NGR: TR0136261380
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings