This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.21 / 51°12'36"N
Longitude: 0.3431 / 0°20'35"E
OS Eastings: 563764
OS Northings: 148253
OS Grid: TQ637482
Mapcode National: GBR NQF.3KY
Mapcode Global: VHHQ1.WVR9
Entry Name: Golden Green Mission Church
Listing Date: 19 February 1990
Last Amended: 17 May 2000
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1070418
English Heritage Legacy ID: 179538
Location: Hadlow, Tonbridge and Malling, Kent, TN11
District: Tonbridge and Malling
Civil Parish: Hadlow
Built-Up Area: Barnes Street
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Hadlow
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
TQ 64 NW THREE ELM LANE
1694/6/102 GOLDEN GREEN
19-FEB-90 Golden Green Mission Church
Church, also used as a community hall. Erected c1914 either as a new structure or reusing existing buiding from another site. Timber-framed, clad and roofed with corrugated iron, painted green.
PLAN: Small chapel on east west axis comprising nave and chancel in the same block. North porch towards the west end. Later C20 kitchen and toilet block in matching materials to rear.
EXTERIOR: Front has 3 windows with pointed arched heads containing timber Y- tracery. There is another each end and one more south of the chancel. Gabled porch with 2-centred outer arch containing a plain plank door. Roof is gable- ended.
INTERIOR: Four bays. Lined with pine tongue-and-groove planking with plain pine trusses.with three tiers of purlins and ridgepiece and iron supports.
HISTORY: Kelly's Directory of Kent of 1891 mentions the "iron church at Golden Green in connection with the parish church" but Golden Green Mission Church was not erected until after 1914 when the land was gifted to the vicar and churchwardens of Hadlow by the local landowner Mr Osim d'Avigdor Goldsmid of Somerhill for use as the site for a church. Since the mid 1970s it has also been used as a community hall.
Listing NGR: TQ6457348176
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings