This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.1886 / 51°11'19"N
Longitude: 0.7794 / 0°46'45"E
OS Eastings: 594323
OS Northings: 146939
OS Grid: TQ943469
Mapcode National: GBR RW5.KVG
Mapcode Global: VHKKD.GDD4
Entry Name: Roman Catholic Chapel
Listing Date: 26 February 1951
Last Amended: 10 October 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1071430
English Heritage Legacy ID: 181029
Location: Little Chart, Ashford, Kent, TN27
Civil Parish: Little Chart
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
5272 LITTLE CHART CALEHILL PARK
Roman Catholic Chapel
(formerly listed as
TQ 94 NW 10/36 26.2.51.
C19. This is the only remaining wing of the former Calehill Mansion, originally
built in the C18. All except this C19 addition was demolished in 1954. This
was the family chapel of the Darell family. Two storeys red brick. Hipped
slate roof with square brick tower rising out of it, with modillion cornice
and square wooden cupola surmounted by a weather vane. Modillion eaves cornice.
Three sashes with glazing bars intact. The ground floor has 3 round-headed
sashes. To the left is a one storey brick section with round-headed entrance,
which originally was linked to Calehill House.
Listing NGR: TQ9432346939
Other nearby listed buildings