This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1905 / 51°11'25"N
Longitude: 0.7772 / 0°46'38"E
OS Eastings: 594164
OS Northings: 147142
OS Grid: TQ941471
Mapcode National: GBR RW5.CBF
Mapcode Global: VHKKD.FB8P
Entry Name: Calehill House
Listing Date: 14 February 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1071434
English Heritage Legacy ID: 181033
Location: Little Chart, Ashford, Kent, TN27
Civil Parish: Little Chart
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
5272 LITTLE CHART CALEHILL PARK
TQ 94 NW 10/141 14.2.67.
This building was originally the stables to the earliest Calehill House, though
erected at a later date. About 1930 it was converted into a picture gallery
and ballroom. Since the demolition of the C18 Calehill House, it has been
called Calehill House. Early C17. One storey and attics red brick. Half-hipped
tiled roof with 2 half-hipped gables containing attic windows and one modern
dormer between them. Brick modillion cornice like machicolation. Ornamental
lead guttering with 3 rainwater pipes running down from this. Seven casement
windows of 2 tiers of 2 lights in stone surrounds, with brick dripstones over
and stone mullions and transoms. Stone doorway with depressed head, over which
is a stone panel of strapwork flanked by scrolls with a pediment above. The
north wall has no windows but the brick modillion cornice like machicolation
and the lead guttering are continued along it.
Listing NGR: TQ9416447142
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings