This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1424 / 51°8'32"N
Longitude: 0.8304 / 0°49'49"E
OS Eastings: 598087
OS Northings: 141933
OS Grid: TQ980419
Mapcode National: GBR RWV.6SS
Mapcode Global: VHKKM.BKW3
Entry Name: The Yeomans
Listing Date: 17 September 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1071482
English Heritage Legacy ID: 180946
Location: Great Chart with Singleton, Ashford, Kent, TN23
Civil Parish: Great Chart with Singleton
Built-Up Area: Ashford (Ashford)
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
5272 GREAT CHART THE STREET
TQ 9841 25/10 17.9.52.
Circa 1470. Two storeyed timber-framed building with plaster and painted brick
infilling on the ground floor, the first floor tile-hung with a slight overhang
and bellcast covering this. Nearly central plastered gable with fretted bargeboards
overhanging on a bresummer and brackets. Pentice to the south-west of this
with one gabled dormer arising from it. Oriel window of 5 lights on the first
floor below the gable and similar bay on the ground floor. Steeply pitched
hipped tiled roof. Five casement windows with small square leaded panes and
old green glass. At the north-west corner are some former outbuildings, making
an 'L' with the main building, which have been converted into part of the house.
One storey red brick. Hipped tiled roof. Four windows. The architect Baillie
Scott lived here in 1916 and 1917 and restored and remodelled the building.
At this time it was known as "The White House".
Listing NGR: TQ9808741933
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings