History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Post Office and House Adjoining to South East

A Grade II Listed Building in Wray-with-Botton, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1018 / 54°6'6"N

Longitude: -2.6082 / 2°36'29"W

OS Eastings: 360328

OS Northings: 467494

OS Grid: SD603674

Mapcode National: GBR BP70.4C

Mapcode Global: WH957.X56B

Entry Name: Post Office and House Adjoining to South East

Listing Date: 4 October 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1071567

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182689

Location: Wray-with-Botton, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Wray-with-Botton

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Wray Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Hornby

Listing Text

SD 66 NW WRAY-WITH-BOTTON MAIN STREET (west side)

2/153 Post Office and house adjoining
4-10-1967 to south-east

GV II

House and shop, 1746, altered. Sandstone rubble with slate roof. 2
storeys. Post office of 2 bays with flush chamfered mullioned windows.
Those to the left-hand bay were of 2 lights. The left-hand light on the
ground floor has had a post box inserted; the other light has glazing
bars. On the 1st floor the mullion has been removed and the sill lowered.
The right-hand bay has a 3-light 1st floor window, the outer lights with
glazing bars. On the ground floor is a C19th bow window with glazing bars.
The door, between bays, has a plain stone surround. At the left the house
is of 2 bays having sashed windows with glazing bars and plain stone
surrounds. The door, to the right, has plain reveals. At the left are 2
wide entrances, the left-hand one with timber lintel, the right-hand one
with segmental arch. Chimneys to right of the latter entrance, between
house and shop and on right-hand gable.


Listing NGR: SD6032867494

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.