This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0834 / 54°5'0"N
Longitude: -2.5146 / 2°30'52"W
OS Eastings: 366430
OS Northings: 465400
OS Grid: SD664654
Mapcode National: GBR BPW6.DY
Mapcode Global: WH959.BMSF
Entry Name: House on East Side of Farmyard at Ringstones and Barn Adjoining to North
Listing Date: 4 October 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1071585
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182649
Location: Tatham, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Tatham
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Tatham Fells The Good Shepherd
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 66 NE TATHAM RINGSTONES LANE
3/112 House on east side of farmyard at
4-10-1967 Ringstones and barn adjoining to
House and barn, 1742. Sandstone rubble with roof of stone slate on house
and slate on barn. House of 2 storeys and 2 bays. Windows have plain stone
surrounds and flat-faced mullions and are of 2 lights at the left and 3 at
the right. Between bays is a single-storey gabled porch whose outer door
has plain reveals and inner door a plain stone surround. Above is a plaque
inscribed: 'IC[?]G 1742'. Coped gables and end chimneys. The rear wall has
windows with flat-faced mullions and a stair window with one transom.
Inside, there is a shouldered stone fireplace. The barn adjoining to the
left has a wide entrance with plain reveals and segmental arch.
Listing NGR: SD6643065400
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings