History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Home Farmhouse and Farm Building Adjoining to South West

A Grade II Listed Building in Over Wyresdale, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.9828 / 53°58'58"N

Longitude: -2.6697 / 2°40'10"W

OS Eastings: 356178

OS Northings: 454290

OS Grid: SD561542

Mapcode National: GBR 9QSD.T0

Mapcode Global: WH84N.Y5W1

Entry Name: Home Farmhouse and Farm Building Adjoining to South West

Listing Date: 24 February 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1071599

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182577

Location: Over Wyresdale, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Over Wyresdale

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Over Wyresdale Christ Church

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Shireshead

Listing Text

SD 55 SE OVER IWRfSDALE ABBEYSTEAD

12/41 Home Farmhouse and farm building
- adjoining to south-west.

GV II

House and farm building, 1891, probably by Douglas. Sandstone rubble with
slate roof. 2 storeys. Windows rebated and chamfered with mullions. Front wall has gabled projecting wing with drip course which continues around
left-hand part of building. On the ground floor the wing has an 8-light mullioned and transomed window. On the lst floor are a 2-light and 4-light
window under the same hood. Under the apex is a single-light window with
elliptical head, Door to right has moulded surround with shaped lintel
inscribed: '1891'. To the right of the wing the main facade has one bay
with a 3-light window jettied forward at 1st floor level on stone corbels
and under a gable. To the left of the wing the facade has a ground-floor
cross window. chimneys to left of wing and on right-hand gable. Gables are
coped with ball finials. The left-hind gable wall has a mullioned and
transomed canted bay window on the around floor and a 4-light window
above. To the right of the front of the building a single-story link joins it to farm building which has a gable facing forwards. its
right-hand return wall (facing south-west) has 2 chamfered elliptical
arches springing from a central pier and forming the entrance to a cart
shed. Above and between them under a small gable is a loading door. To the
right is a gable, jettied forwards on stone corbels at 1st floor level. On the qround floor, under the jetty, is a 2-light window with flat-faced
mullion. To its right is a doorway. On the 1st floor is another doorway.
Gables have copings.


Listing NGR: SD5617854290

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.