This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1215 / 54°7'17"N
Longitude: -2.5753 / 2°34'31"W
OS Eastings: 362495
OS Northings: 469672
OS Grid: SD624696
Mapcode National: GBR BNGS.79
Mapcode Global: WH952.DNWQ
Entry Name: Goose House Approximately 15 Metres South West of Blands Farmhouse
Listing Date: 24 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1071610
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182607
Location: Tatham, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Tatham
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
SD 66 NW TATHAM
2/71 Goose house approx. 15 metres south-
- west of Blands Farmhouse
Goose house, with pigeon loft above, early C19th. Sandstone rubble. A
conical corbelled hut of dry stone walling surmounted by a cap of dressed
sandstone, square on plan at the base and with a faceted dome on top. This
dressed stone was probably a waste piece from the sandstone quarry which
adjoined. The base of the building is now overgrown and the entrance not
visible. Probably built by Arthur Burrow the second, known as 'Perpetual
Arthur' (1759-1827). In a letter dated December 1935 Baldwin Bent of Wray
House records a meeting with Arthur Burrow's grandson who told him the
purpose of the building.
Listing NGR: SD6249569672
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings