This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.193 / 54°11'34"N
Longitude: -2.5857 / 2°35'8"W
OS Eastings: 361884
OS Northings: 477629
OS Grid: SD618776
Mapcode National: GBR BMDY.0P
Mapcode Global: WH94P.7VZY
Entry Name: Summerfield House
Listing Date: 4 October 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1071703
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182332
Location: Burrow-with-Burrow, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA6
Civil Parish: Burrow-with-Burrow
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Tunstall St John the Baptist and Melling St Wilfred and Leck St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 67 NW
House, 1841, attributed to George Webster. Limestone rubble with dressings
mostly of sandstone. North facade symmetrical and of 3 bays, the central
bay projecting forwards, having a cornice with blocking course. Only the
capitals of clasping pilasters remain, suggesting that the house may have
been stuccoed. The windows are sashed with glazing bars and architraves.
The doorway has a round head and a Doric porch with mutuled cornice.
Chimneys on each side of central bay.The west facade is also symmetrical
and has 2 blocks of one bay each, with details similar to those of the
north front. Between them is a recessed one-bay link of 2 storeys, with a
gable and with a super-arch of shallow projection. The 1st floor window is
sashed with glazing bars and has a stone surround with a pediment, and a
balcony with iron railings. The ground-floor opening has been altered and
has French windows with a plain stone surround. Interior not accessible at
time of survey.
Listing NGR: SD6188477629
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings