This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.984 / 53°59'2"N
Longitude: -2.8196 / 2°49'10"W
OS Eastings: 346348
OS Northings: 454528
OS Grid: SD463545
Mapcode National: GBR 8QRC.CL
Mapcode Global: WH84L.N4J3
Entry Name: Chapel at Thurnham Hall
Listing Date: 2 May 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1071721
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182283
Location: Thurnham, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Thurnham
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Glasson Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 45 SE THURNHAM
12/215 Chapel at Thurnham Hall
Roman Catholic domestic chapel, 1845. Coursed sandstone, with ashlar at
front, with slate roof. Adjoins south side of Thurnham Hall (q.v.). West
facade is gabled, with embattled corner turret at the right. Its window is of
3 trefoiled lights under a pointed head with quatrefoil. The south wall has
an embattled parapet, and an embattled turret at the right with paired bell
openings. The 3 windows are triple stepped lancets with Tudor-arched heads.
Interior. On each side of the altar, at the west, is-a statue in a niche.
The roof trusses, carried on stone corbels, have arch-braced collars. At the
east end is a gallery with arcaded timber front. On the north side is a
gallery used by Miss Elizabeth Dalton, with fireplace, and a hinged screen to
protect her from the gaze of tenants.
Listing NGR: SD4634854528
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings