This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9948 / 53°59'41"N
Longitude: -2.8767 / 2°52'36"W
OS Eastings: 342620
OS Northings: 455774
OS Grid: SD426557
Mapcode National: GBR 8QB7.ZQ
Mapcode Global: WH84C.SVBD
Entry Name: Farm Building Adjoining to North of No. 20
Listing Date: 2 May 1968
Last Amended: 7 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1071741
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182217
Location: Overton, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA3
Civil Parish: Overton
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Overton St Helen
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 45 NW OVERTON SUNDERLAND POINT
7/152 Farm building adjoining to north
2.5.1968 of No. 20
(Formerly listed as Outbuildings
attached to N. of No.20)
Farm building, probably partly converted from a house, 1707, altered.
Slobbered cobbles with slate roof. At the left is a blocked window with
rebated and chamfered surround. To its right is a blocked doorway with
moulded surround and shaped lintel inscribed: 'T?A 1707'. Above are 2
blocked 2-light chamfered mullioned windows, the left-hand one with its
mullion missing. Towards the centre of the facade is a wide entrance with
plain reveals and concrete lintel. To its right is a window with plain
reveals and brick arch and a 2-light chamfered mullioned window of C18th type.
Above is a pitching hole with plain reveals. Further right is a blocked wide
entrance with a brick arch and a pitching door above. At the far right is a
window with brick reveals. Interior not accessible at time of survey.
Listing NGR: SD4262055774
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings