This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0746 / 54°4'28"N
Longitude: -2.7252 / 2°43'30"W
OS Eastings: 352647
OS Northings: 464543
OS Grid: SD526645
Mapcode National: GBR 9PDB.T3
Mapcode Global: WH842.3VK6
Entry Name: Croftlands
Listing Date: 7 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1071782
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182110
Location: Caton-with-Littledale, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Caton-with-Littledale
Built-Up Area: Caton
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Caton with Littledale
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 56 SW CATON-WITH-LITTLEDALE LANCASTER ROAD (SOUTH SIDE)
House, 1833. Sandstone ashlar with stone slate roof. A symmetrical Tudor
Gothic composition of 2 storeys and 3 bays. Each window has a mullion and a
transom, and a hood. Narrow octagonal corner turrets have finials with ogee
caps. Central gable has 3 similar finials, and a tracery border enclosing a
shield of arms with a crest with motto. The door has tracery decoration and a
surround with Tudor-arched head and spandrel decoration. Above is a plaque
inscribed: 'HANC DOMVM SITV VETVSTIORIS EXTRVXIT THOMAS BERRY AD MDCCXLV.
INSTAVRAVIT RI SPARLING-BERRY ANNO DOMINI MDCCCXXXIII.' (A.D. 1745 Thomas
Berry built this house on the site of an older one. Ri[chard] sparling-Berry
restored it A.D. 1833). The gable chimneys have diagonal caps.
Listing NGR: SD5264764543
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings