This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.045 / 54°2'42"N
Longitude: -2.6753 / 2°40'31"W
OS Eastings: 355878
OS Northings: 461217
OS Grid: SD558612
Mapcode National: GBR 9PRN.LQ
Mapcode Global: WH848.WL7C
Entry Name: South Western Farm Building at Dale Side
Listing Date: 7 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1071810
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182077
Location: Caton-with-Littledale, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Caton-with-Littledale
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Caton with Littledale
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 56 SE
6/4 South-western farm building at
- Dale Side
Farm building, formerly house, 1685. Sandstone rubble with corrugated
asbestos roof. 2 storeys. On north side is a projecting wing, probably
containing the stair. Continuous drip course. To the left of the wing is a
door with plain reveals. To the right on each floor is a rebated and
chamfered window, the ground-floor one with central mullion remaining. At the
far right is a door with moulded surround and embattled lintel inscribed 'RT
1685'. The gabled wing has a one-light rebated and chamfered window on the
ground floor and a one-light chamfered window under the apex. The left-hand
return wall has a blocked window at an intermediate level, with one transom.
The rear wall is now blank, with traces of blocked openings. Interior not
fully accessible at time of survey.
Listing NGR: SD5587861217
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings