History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Deep Clough Farmhouse and Barn Adjoining to West

A Grade II Listed Building in Caton-with-Littledale, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.0552 / 54°3'18"N

Longitude: -2.6407 / 2°38'26"W

OS Eastings: 358152

OS Northings: 462326

OS Grid: SD581623

Mapcode National: GBR BP0K.22

Mapcode Global: WH95F.DBRK

Entry Name: Deep Clough Farmhouse and Barn Adjoining to West

Listing Date: 4 October 1967

Last Amended: 7 March 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1071811

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182079

Location: Caton-with-Littledale, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Caton-with-Littledale

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Caton with Littledale

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Claughton

Listing Text

CATON-WITH-LITTLEDALE
SD 56 SE

6/6 Deep Clough Farmhouse and barn
4.10.1967 Adjoining to west
(Formerly listed as Deep Clough,
and adjoining
buildings.Littledale)

- II

House, 1679. Slobbered rubble with stone slate roof. 3-cell plan. 2
storeys, 4 bays. Windows rebated and chamfered with mullions. The left-hand
bay has a window with plain reveals on the ground floor and a former 4-light
window with one mullion remaining above. The 2nd bay has windows of 2 lights
The 3rd bay has one formerly of 4 lights, now with one mullion missing. The
right hand bay has one of 5 lights on the ground floor and one formerly of 4
lights, now with a mullion missing, above. Door at left with modern porch.
Between bays 3 and 4 is a 2nd door within a gabled porch, with a moulded
surround and battlemented lintel inscribed: 'TTE 1679'. At the right of the
facade is a remaining section of a drip course, which returns on the east
gable wall. Chimneys between bays one and two and on right-hand gable, the
latter projecting with offsets. This gable wall has a blocked 2-light window
on the ground floor. An outshut to part of the rear of the house has
mullioned windows of 2 and 3 lights. The barn, at the left of the main
facade, has a wide entrance with segmental head. To its right is a one-light
chamfered window. Further right is a door with plain reveals and chamfered
lintel. Inside are 2 hardwood trusses with tie beams and high light collars.


Listing NGR: SD5815262326

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.