History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Caton Green Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Caton-with-Littledale, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.0798 / 54°4'47"N

Longitude: -2.6897 / 2°41'23"W

OS Eastings: 354970

OS Northings: 465094

OS Grid: SD549650

Mapcode National: GBR 9PN8.G8

Mapcode Global: WH842.NQC7

Entry Name: Caton Green Farmhouse

Listing Date: 4 October 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1071821

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182098

Location: Caton-with-Littledale, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Caton-with-Littledale

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Caton with Littledale

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Claughton

Listing Text

CATON-WITH-LITTLEDALE CATON GREEN ROAD (NORTH SIDE)
SD 56 NW

1/25 Brookhouse
4.10 1967 Caton Green Farmhouse

GV II

House, 1732. Slobbered sandstone rubble with stone slate roof. Double-pile
plan with central entry and gable chimneys. 2 storeys with attic and cellar,
3 bays. Windows flush-chamfered with mullions, and of 3 lights except for the
central bay which is of 2 lights. The left-hand bay has a 2-light cellar
window. The door, in the central bay, has 9 raised panels, a cyma-moulded
stone surround, and 4 external steps with nosings. Above the door is an oval
plaque inscribed: '?DA 1732'. Gables have copings with kneelers. Inside,
the entrance hall has one wall of raised and fielded timber panelling. The
dog-leg open-string stair has a ramped handrail and turned fluted balusters.
On the 1st floor landing is an archway with semi-circular head, and moulded
imposts, flanked by Corinthian pilasters supporting a dentilled cornice. The
southern ground-floor room has a moulded shouldered fireplace with cornice
mantel.


Listing NGR: SD5497065094

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.