This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0873 / 54°5'14"N
Longitude: -2.8001 / 2°48'0"W
OS Eastings: 347760
OS Northings: 466005
OS Grid: SD477660
Mapcode National: GBR 8PW5.LK
Mapcode Global: WH840.YJSG
Entry Name: Manor House
Listing Date: 1 August 1952
Last Amended: 7 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1071858
English Heritage Legacy ID: 181982
Location: Slyne-with-Hest, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Slyne-with-Hest
Built-Up Area: Bolton-le-Sands
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Slyne with Hest St Luke
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 46 NE SLYNE-WITH-HEST SLYNE ROAD
6/216 Manor House
1.8.1952 (formerly listed as
Slyne Manor House)
House, 1681. Cobble with sandstone dressings and slate roof. T-plan with
central entry and gable stacks. 2 1/2-storey 5-bay symmetrical composition.
Rebated and chamfered cross windows with continuous drip courses on both
floors, with 3 2-light rebated and chamfered mullioned attic windows. Deep
moulding of door jambs continues around shaped lintel. Plaque 'CGM 1681'
(Cornelius and Mary Green) set above doorway. Drip courses terminate
beyond windows on return walls. On the ground floor of the south gable is a
2-light rebated and ovolo-mullioned window, with a blocked cross window on
the 1st floor. Gables have copings, shaped kneelers and stacks with weather
offsets and moulded copings. Rear wing has several similar windows, including
one of 4 lights and one with ovolo mullions. West wall of wing has doorway
with moulding which continues around shaped lintel. Chimney on front.
Interior. South front room has moulded stone mantel, panelling and court
cupboard 'CG 1681'). North room has raised and fielded panelling with fluted
Doric pilasters to each side of fireplace and round-headed cupboard with
upper doors missing. Rear wing has open well closed-string stair with square
newels and turn balusters. Attic has upper crucks with carpenter's marks.
Listing NGR: SD4776066005
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings