History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Middle Highfield, (South-Western Farmhouse)

A Grade II Listed Building in Halton-with-Aughton, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.0965 / 54°5'47"N

Longitude: -2.7088 / 2°42'31"W

OS Eastings: 353743

OS Northings: 466966

OS Grid: SD537669

Mapcode National: GBR 9PJ2.C8

Mapcode Global: WH842.C9BD

Entry Name: Middle Highfield, (South-Western Farmhouse)

Listing Date: 7 November 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1071928

English Heritage Legacy ID: 181841

Location: Halton-with-Aughton, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Halton-with-Aughton

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Halton St Wilfrid

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Over Kellet

Listing Text

SD 56 NW HALTON-WITH-AUGHTON AUGHTON ROAD (off)

7/77 Middle Highfield, (South-Western
Farmhouse)

II


House, 1628 with considerable later alterations. Stone rubble, rendered
and scored, with sandstone dressings, ashlar porch, and slate roof. Main
facade is of 2 storeys and has 2-storey porch near the centre. The 3
windows of the 1st floor, in the porch and to either side, have moulded
architraves and segmental heads. The ground-floor window on the left-
hand side has a large chamfered surround. The window on the right is of
6 lights with shallow chamfer, mullions and transoms. Porch has doorway
in left-hand return wall, string, and gable with kneelers and ball finial.
Date and illegible initials by the right-hand 1st floor window under an
arched hood. One chimney on the ridge to the left of centre. Left-hand
gable, coped with kneelers, has a chamfered doorway. The back wall has a
cross window with a segmental head, detailed as the front ground-floor
window on the right-hand side. Right-hand gable, partly concealed, has
2 2-light double chamfered stone mullioned windows with hood moulds, of
early C17th type. Inside is a fireplace with cambered head. Mantel has:
'L 1628 F 1891'.


Listing NGR: SD5374366966

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.