This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1032 / 54°6'11"N
Longitude: -2.791 / 2°47'27"W
OS Eastings: 348374
OS Northings: 467762
OS Grid: SD483677
Mapcode National: GBR 8NYZ.KW
Mapcode Global: WH841.3469
Entry Name: 60 and 62, Main Road
Listing Date: 7 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1071942
English Heritage Legacy ID: 181775
Location: Bolton-le-Sands, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA5
Civil Parish: Bolton-le-Sands
Built-Up Area: Bolton-le-Sands
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Bolton-le-Sands Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 48 67 BOLTON-LE-SANDS MAIN ROAD (WEST SIDE)
13/11 Nos. 60 and 62
House (No. 62), now a shop, with cottage (No. 60) adjoining to the right
of the same build. 1745. Pebbledashed rubble with sandstone dressings
and slate roof. 2 storeys. House 3 bays, cottage 2 bays. House has
modern shop front. Cottage has modern bow window with door to right
having plain ashlar surround and 'James Bibby built these houses in 1745'
inscribed on lintel. On the 1st floor No. 62 has 3 sashed windows with
glazing bars. No. 60 has 2 plain stone window surrounds. Projecting
stone gutter brackets and gable copings. Chimney on left-hand gable and
between house and cottage. Later wings to rear. In the rear wall of the
house is a stone lintel over a blocked doorway now a window, inscribed:
'Bibby James and Catharine 1745'.
Listing NGR: SD4837467762
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings