This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8251 / 53°49'30"N
Longitude: -2.4743 / 2°28'27"W
OS Eastings: 368876
OS Northings: 436635
OS Grid: SD688366
Mapcode National: GBR CS56.3K
Mapcode Global: WH96N.Y3YZ
Entry Name: Dinckley Hall
Listing Date: 24 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1072070
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183506
Location: Dinckley, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB6
District: Ribble Valley
Civil Parish: Dinckley
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Langho St Leonard
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 63 NE
1/21 Dinckley Hall
House, c.1600 and later with medieval cruck frame. Painted sandstone
rubble and brick replacing timber framing, with slate roof. 2 storeys.
South-east front has main range of 2 bays with C19 windows which have
plain reveals and timber mullions, of 2 lights at the left and 3 at the
right. At the left is a cross-wing of one bay with an exposed cruck truss.
On the ground floor is a window with plain reveals and central timber
mullion. On the 1st floor is a sashed window with glazing bars. The cruck
truss has outriders, a king post rising from a collar, a tie beam, and
herringbone studwork infill, some of which appears to be be false. Spurs
run from the truss to wall posts, which suggests that the walls were
originally of timber framing. Chimney on right-hand gable of main range. 2
further chimneys on left-hand wall of cross-wing. The right-hand one has a
projecting stack. The left-hand one is carried on stone corbels and serves
a 1st floor fireplace. The windows of this wall are ovolo moulded with
outer chamfer. At the left is a cross window on the ground floor, with a
similar window at the right. Between the chimneys are mullioned and
transomed windows, of 8 lights on the ground floor and 6 above. Inside
there are 2 cruck trusses visible in the main range, one adjoining the
cross-wing. On the 1st floor part of a wallplate is visible with peg holes
for studs. In the hall there is a fireplace with chamfered segmental arch.
In the cross-wing one internal cruck truss is visible and there is
panelling of c.1600.
Listing NGR: SD6887636635
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings