History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lees House Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Bowland Forest Low, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8898 / 53°53'23"N

Longitude: -2.5074 / 2°30'26"W

OS Eastings: 366746

OS Northings: 443851

OS Grid: SD667438

Mapcode National: GBR BRXG.YC

Mapcode Global: WH968.GH6D

Entry Name: Lees House Farmhouse

Listing Date: 16 November 1954

Last Amended: 16 November 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1072241

English Heritage Legacy ID: 183082

Location: Bowland Forest Low, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley

Civil Parish: Bowland Forest Low

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Find accommodation in
Chipping

Listing Text

SD 64 SE BOWLAND FOREST LOW

16/31 Lees House Farmhouse
16.11.1954 (Formerly listed as Lees House)
- II


House, 1678, altered. Sandstone rubble, the left-hand half of the facade
rebuilt with squared stone, with slate roof. End-entry plan, 2 units.
2 storeys, 3 bays. The left-hand bay has late C19th windows, slightly
chamfered with mullions and with sashed windows with glazing bars: 3 lights
with hood on the ground floor and 2 lights on the 1st floor. The central
bay has a 4-light mullioned window on each floor, with outer chamfer, inner
hollow chamfer, and hood. To the right on the 1st floor, above the door, is a
2-light hollow-chamfered mullioned window with hood. The moulding of the door
jambs is continued on the face of the lintel in 3 semi-circular arches. Above
is a plaque 'RRB 1678'. There are chimneys on the left-hand gable and between
the 2 units. The left-hand gable has a coping and is pebbledashed with rock-
faced quoins. At the rear are later outshuts. Inside there are moulded main
ceiling beams, and a late stair inside the front door, any evidence for a C17th
hearth in this position having gone. The left-hand room has a moulded sandstone
parlour fireplace with decorated lintel inscribed '17 RB 18'.


Listing NGR: SD6674643851

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.