History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Higher Stony Bank Farmhouse and Former Granary Adjoining to the West

A Grade II Listed Building in Easington, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.9799 / 53°58'47"N

Longitude: -2.3906 / 2°23'26"W

OS Eastings: 374482

OS Northings: 453829

OS Grid: SD744538

Mapcode National: GBR CQRF.72

Mapcode Global: WH95Y.77W8

Entry Name: Higher Stony Bank Farmhouse and Former Granary Adjoining to the West

Listing Date: 16 November 1954

Last Amended: 16 November 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1072244

English Heritage Legacy ID: 183091

Location: Easington, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley

Civil Parish: Easington

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Slaidburn St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Slaidburn

Listing Text

SD 75 SW EASINGTON

10/40 Higher Stony Bank Farmhouse and
16.11.1954 former granary adjoining to the
west
(Formerly listed as Higher Stoney
- II Bank)


House, late C17th. Rendered rubble with sandstone dressings and stone slate
roof. 2 storeys with a central porch having a roof sloping down to 1½ storeys
at the front. The windows have an outer chamfer and an inner cyma moulding.
On each side of the porch is one of 6 lights with mullion and transom and hood
with decorative stops. On the 1st floor there is a 2-light mullioned window on
each side, with a circular window with chamfered surround at the far left. The
1st floor of the porch oversails on a cyma-moulded string course and has a one-
light window with ovolo-moulded surround and ogee head. The door has a cyma-
moulded surround with shaped head and hood. At the left is an agricultural
building, the 1st floor said to be a granary. It has a door with plain reveals
on each floor, the ground-floor door being under the upper platform of the
external stone steps. The right-hand gable of the house has a one-light window
with cyma-moulded surround, with a 4-light rebated and chamfered mullioned
window on the 1st floor. There is an outshut to part of the rear, containing
the stair. Inside, the left-hand room has a wide fireplace, now filled in,
with a chamfered surround and segmental head with an outer chamfer around the
voussoirs. Inside the granary the left-hand house wall has, on the 1st floor,
a blocked one-light ovolo-moulded window surround, suggesting that the granary
may be a later addition.


Listing NGR: SD7448253829

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.