This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9489 / 53°56'56"N
Longitude: -2.4659 / 2°27'57"W
OS Eastings: 369517
OS Northings: 450414
OS Grid: SD695504
Mapcode National: GBR CQ6S.X5
Mapcode Global: WH963.300H
Entry Name: Friends' Meeting House and Cottage Adjoining to South West
Listing Date: 16 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1072245
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183095
Location: Newton, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7
District: Ribble Valley
Civil Parish: Newton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Slaidburn St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
Friends' Meeting House and cottage adjoining to south-west
Quaker meeting house, 1767. Slobbered limestone rubble with sandstone
dressings. The front of the roof has blue slates, the rear pitch having
stone slates. One and 2 storeys, with a cellar under the right-hand
(north-east) end. The windows are of lights with plain stone surrounds
and square mullions. The cottage is of one bay and 2 storeys with a door
to the right with plain stone surround and hood of 2 pitched stone slates.
Above is a plaque with a moulded border: 'TBM 1767'. The meeting house,
to the right, is of 3 bays with bays one and 2 having windows on the ground
floor only. The windows to the right-hand bay have small panes. The door,
between bays one and 2, has a plain stone surround and a hood of 2 pitched
stone slates. The cellar door, at the right-hand end, has a plain stone
surround. At the rear of the cottage there is a later outshut. Interior.
Against the rear wall is a raised bench with a front of raised and fielded
panels. The right-hand end is divided from the main room by a wall of raised
and fielded panelling. Above this end is a gallery. The panels between the
room beneath and the main room open as shutters.
Listing NGR: SD6951750414
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings