History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Talbot Hotel

A Grade II Listed Building in Chipping, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8848 / 53°53'5"N

Longitude: -2.5753 / 2°34'30"W

OS Eastings: 362283

OS Northings: 443328

OS Grid: SD622433

Mapcode National: GBR BRGJ.85

Mapcode Global: WH967.DMX7

Entry Name: Talbot Hotel

Listing Date: 13 February 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1072281

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182970

Location: Chipping, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, PR3

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley

Civil Parish: Chipping

Built-Up Area: Chipping

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Chipping St Bartholomew

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Chipping

Listing Text

SD 64 SW CHIPPING TALBOT STREET

4/83 Talbot Hotel
13.2.67
GV II


Public house, 1779. Coursed watershot sandstone (the front wall rendered)
with slate roof. 2 storeys with attic. Main front of 3 bays, the windows
being sashed with no glazing bars in plain stone surrounds. Door has
architrave, with a moulded plaque above now mutilated by the attachment
of a sign, but said to be inscribed '1779' (old list). End stacks, with
a further stack on the gable of a right-hand unit under a continuous
roofline, now obscured by a wing which runs forward at right-angles to
it. This wing has, in its left-hand return wall, a wide entrance with
a plain stone surround having a segmental arch with a projecting keystone,
with a 1st floor window with plain stone surround above. The front wall
of the wing is blank. To its right, connecting it with No. 7, is a
narrow unit with a wide entrance with plain stone surround on the ground
floor. The left-hand gable of the main building has moulded kneelers
but no coping. On the 1st floor is a re-used 2-light double-chamfered
window with mullion removed. Outshut to part of the rear wall, which
has sashed windows with glazing bars in plain stone surrounds, one
surround having C17th fragments.


Listing NGR: SD6228343328

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.