This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8313 / 53°49'52"N
Longitude: -2.6 / 2°36'0"W
OS Eastings: 360607
OS Northings: 437396
OS Grid: SD606373
Mapcode National: GBR BS84.X9
Mapcode Global: WH96F.1Y5Q
Entry Name: Church of St Paul
Listing Date: 22 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1072297
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183008
Location: Longridge, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, PR3
District: Ribble Valley
Civil Parish: Longridge
Built-Up Area: Longridge
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Longridge St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 63 NW LONGRIDGE CHURCH STREET
7/122 Church of St. Paul
Church, 1886-8 by Ewan Christian, with west tower of 1936-7 by A.C.M. Lillie.
Coursed, squared rock-faced sandstone with sandstone ashlar interior and
slate roof. Comprises a west tower, nave with clearstorey, lower chancel,
north and south aisles, north and south porches, north organ chamber and
vestry. The tower has angle buttresses and an embattled parapet with corner
pinnacles. Each face has 2 lancet bell openings of 2 chamfered orders. The
west wall has a moulded doorway, a window of 3 lights with 2-centred head
and cusped tracery above, with 3 narrow chamfered lancets below the bell
openings. The aisle windows have 2-centred heads with panel tracery, the
clearstorey windows having flat heads. Interior. The 5-bay nave has
octagonal columns with pointed arches of 2 chamfered orders. The chancel
arch is moulded, with ½ columns as responds. These are carried on corbels
with carved leaf decoration. A tall west arch opens into the tower. The
nave and aisles have an open timber roof, the nave having arch-braced collars
and king posts braced to the principals and the ridge. The east window has
stained glass said to be by Kempe and pre-1899 (Pevsner).
Listing NGR: SD6060737396
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings