History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor House Farm Cottage

A Grade II Listed Building in Eccleshill, Blackburn with Darwen

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.7081 / 53°42'29"N

Longitude: -2.4561 / 2°27'21"W

OS Eastings: 369990

OS Northings: 423615

OS Grid: SD699236

Mapcode National: GBR CT9K.1H

Mapcode Global: WH978.72P4

Entry Name: Manor House Farm Cottage

Listing Date: 27 August 1952

Last Amended: 27 September 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1072413

English Heritage Legacy ID: 184706

Location: Eccleshill, Blackburn with Darwen, BB3

County: Blackburn with Darwen

Civil Parish: Eccleshill

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Over Darwen St James

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Darwen

Listing Text

SD 62 SE/ ECCLESHILL ROMAN ROAD
SD 72 SW

4/33 Manor House Farm Cottage
(formerly listed as Manor house
Farmhouse)
27-8-1952
- II

Farmhouse, C17, with later additions, now house. Rendered and
painted stone, intersecting slate roofs of slate with stone copings
and kneelers, one chimney on the ridge at the junction of the 2nd and
3rd bays, and 2 other chimneys. Approximately cruciform plan: 3-bay
range facing south with short front projection carried through to
later rear extension, rear outshut to 1st bay and addition in north-east
angle. Two storeys. All front windows are recessed with hollow-chamfered
mullions and hoodmoulds. Left of centre a broad 2-storey gabled
projection with battered walls, has a doorway to the left dated 1697
(covered by modern glazed porch), ground floor windows of 4 and 2
lights and a 1st floor window of 4-lights left and right of this are
5-light windows on each floor, that at ground floor right lengthened
downwards. Left return wall has single-storey extension and altered
windows; right return wall of 2 gables has an altered ground floor
window and a 4-light 1st floor window, both with hoodmoulds, and in
the added portion a doorway, and on each floor a 6-paned sash window.
There are 3 tie-plates at 1st floor of front and rear walls, Interior
(not inspected) said to have contained old doorway with lintel lettered
"TEF 1641" (- Thomas and Elizabeth Fish). (Reference: Abram Blackburn
p.598).


Listing NGR: SD6999023615

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.