History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barn Circa 50 Metres North East of Euxton House Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Euxton, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 53.6577 / 53°39'27"N

Longitude: -2.6634 / 2°39'48"W

OS Eastings: 356253

OS Northings: 418120

OS Grid: SD562181

Mapcode National: GBR 9VV4.5J

Mapcode Global: WH97C.1BZ7

Entry Name: Barn Circa 50 Metres North East of Euxton House Farmhouse

Listing Date: 19 July 1983

Last Amended: 21 February 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1072457

English Heritage Legacy ID: 357621

Location: Euxton, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7

County: Lancashire

District: Chorley

Civil Parish: Euxton

Built-Up Area: Euxton

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Euxton

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in

Listing Text


Barn c. 50 metres north east of
5/104 Euxton House Farmhouse
19.7.1983 (Formerly listed as Cruck Barn at
- II Euxton House Farm)

Barn, probably first half C16 with C18 extension to south.
Cruck framed with cladding of hand made brick, roof of corrugated sheet;
the extension is of brick with stone dressings, and has a slate roof.
5 bays separated by 3 full cruck trusses, each with cambered tie beam,
collar, and collar-yoke. Tie beam extends to outer wall, but spurs
above and parallel to them carry the principal rafters to the apex.
Although the cruck blades appear to have been trenched, the rafters now
carry the trenched, overlapping single purlins, wind-braced. Sawn-off
tops of wall posts and numerous mortices in blades and wall plates
indicate the former framing of the walls. The extension has stone quoins
and doorways and two round pitch-holes similarly dressed. (Dendochronologically
dated 1515-1530).

Listing NGR: SD5625318120

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.