History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Fisher House

A Grade II Listed Building in Rivington, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.6253 / 53°37'31"N

Longitude: -2.5649 / 2°33'53"W

OS Eastings: 362736

OS Northings: 414459

OS Grid: SD627144

Mapcode National: GBR BVJJ.H4

Mapcode Global: WH97L.K4VL

Entry Name: Fisher House

Listing Date: 17 April 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1072508

English Heritage Legacy ID: 184434

Location: Rivington, Chorley, Lancashire, BL6

County: Lancashire

District: Chorley

Civil Parish: Rivington

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Rivington

Church of England Diocese: Manchester

Find accommodation in
Horwich

Listing Text

RIVINGTON RIVINGTON LANE
SD 61 SW
14/181 Fisher House
17.4.67
- II

House. Late C18, altered. Stored stucco on brick, with stone plinth and
dressings, roof of stone slate (front) and slate (rear). Double depth plan
of 3 bays and 3 storeys, symmetrical, with gable chimneys and flanking 2
storey service wings (that on right mostly demolished); central
round-headed doorway in moulded surround with imposts, door of 6 hexagonal
panels, fanlight with radiating glazing bars; two 12-pane sashes at ground
floor (that on the left larger in both dimensions and breaking the plinth)
and 3 at 1st floor all with splayed stone heads, three 6-pane sashes at 2nd
floor; wooden eaves gutter supported on brackets and lined with lead. Set
back at each end a brick service wing, that on the left with one 12-pane
sashed window (altered as garage), that on the right reduced to a screen
wall with blocked window. Interior: kitchen has back door of
double-layered horizontal and vertical planks; staircase: doglegged, with
open string, stick balusters, ramped handrail. History: said to have been
built by Rev John Fisher, incumbent of Church of Holy Trinity 1763-1813.


Listing NGR: SD6273614459

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.