History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Parr Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Eccleston, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.6503 / 53°39'1"N

Longitude: -2.7289 / 2°43'44"W

OS Eastings: 351915

OS Northings: 417334

OS Grid: SD519173

Mapcode National: GBR 9VC7.Z6

Mapcode Global: WH866.1HSZ

Entry Name: Parr Hall

Listing Date: 30 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1072516

English Heritage Legacy ID: 184349

Location: Eccleston, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7

County: Lancashire

District: Chorley

Civil Parish: Eccleston

Built-Up Area: Eccleston

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Eccleston St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Croston

Listing Text

ECCLESTON PARR LANE
SD 51 NW
9/97 Parr Hall
-
GV II

Farmhouse, now 2 dwellings. Dated 1721 at 1st floor, remodelled 1934.
Handmade brick, slate roof with chimney at right gable. Double-depth 2-bay
plan, with added rear wing. Formerly 3 storeys, reduced to two storeys and
attic; almost symmetrical; chamfered stone plinth, dressed sandstone bands at
1st floor and eaves (formerly 2nd floor) level, small raised quoins; offset
left of centre, door with shouldered panels and semi-circular canopy on carved
wooden consoles (both these copying originals); at 1st floor above the door a
datestone in moulded surround lettered in relief P all surrounded
E I
TP
1721
by slender foliated patterns; to left, each floor has one large transomed
3-light window with gauged segmental brick head and altered glazing, to right,
2 vertical rectangular windows on each floor with similar heads, the 1st at
ground floor altered as a door and the others with altered glazing. Left
gable has modern windows on each floor and attic; rear has large 2½-storey
wing added in C19 to service horse-drawn buses, a modern flight of stone steps
up the side of this to a 1st floor entrance. Interior: tongue-stopped
chamfered beams; 3-storey dog-legged staircase with closed modelled string,
shouldered-panel rectangular newels, turned balusters, and broad moulded
handrail.


Listing NGR: SD5191517334

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.