This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7154 / 53°42'55"N
Longitude: -2.2996 / 2°17'58"W
OS Eastings: 380325
OS Northings: 424375
OS Grid: SD803243
Mapcode National: GBR DTCG.YV
Mapcode Global: WH974.NW52
Entry Name: Laund Farmhouse and Attached Outbuilding to East
Listing Date: 30 November 1984
Last Amended: 19 September 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1072801
English Heritage Legacy ID: 185758
Location: Rossendale, Lancashire, BB4
Electoral Ward/Division: Cribden
Built-Up Area: Rawtenstall
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Goodshaw St Mary and All Saints with St John Crawshawbooth
Church of England Diocese: Manchester
SD 82 SW
255-/6/179 Laund Farmhouse and attached
outbuilding to east
Farmhouse and attached outbuilding to east. Mid C18, with later remodelling, outbuilding dated 1863, both parts with C20 alterations. Watershot coursed sandstone, with ashlar dressings to outbuilding, gable chimney to west, ridge chimney at junction of house and outbuilding. Stone slated roof covering to house, and corrugated C20 sheeting to outbuilding. HOUSE: asymmetrical front (north) elevation with off-centre doorway with plain surround to left, within bay with ragged vertical masonry joint indicating partial rebuilding or enlargement. 2-light chamfer mullioned windows to left, the mullions slightly recessed, that to the ground floor beneath a plain drip mould. To the right, stepped triple light flush mullioned windows, that to the ground floor wider, and with a drip mould. Rear (south) wall with central straight joint and partially quoined junction with the outbuilding. Left bay with former 3-light ground floor window, now with single plain mullion, and a blocked light. 2-light window above, and further 2-light opening to right bay, above combined door and window opening now enclosed by late C20 flat-roofed extension. All joinery of late C20 date. INTERIOR much remodelled, and mainly of late C20 date. OUTBUILDING: linear plan with small former shippon, now store adjacent to house, with doorway with plain surround and a single window. Further left, off-centre full height cart entry below semi-circular arched head, with vertically boarded double doors set in inner face of opening. To left of arch a stone plaque inscribed 'G & JH. A. D. 1862'. further left, large keyed oculus as pitching eye to overloft. Tall east gable with 3 shippon doorways, each with heavy relieving lintels above door surrounds. Central doorway gave access to feed passage for stalls against each side wall. INTERIOR: Collar and tie beam trusses support triple purlin roof.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings