This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9004 / 53°54'1"N
Longitude: -2.7741 / 2°46'26"W
OS Eastings: 349232
OS Northings: 445196
OS Grid: SD492451
Mapcode National: GBR 9R2B.6K
Mapcode Global: WH850.C776
Entry Name: Market House
Listing Date: 16 December 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1072906
English Heritage Legacy ID: 185508
Location: Garstang, Wyre, Lancashire, PR3
Civil Parish: Garstang
Built-Up Area: Garstang
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Garstang St Thomas
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
GARSTANG HIGH STREET
SD 44 NE
4/114 Market House,
Town Hall, now used as shops and club, 1755-64. Brick with sandstone
dressings and hipped slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays, with chamfered quoins,
band, and cornice. Ground floor has 3 round arches linked by impost band.
The outer ones are smaller, now contain windows, and have keystones. In
the middle is a wide entrance with keystone and alternately projecting
voussoirs. The 1st floor windows are sashed with glazing bars and are
linked by a sill band. The outer ones have stone surrounds, pulvinated
friezes, and cornices. The central one has an architrave, pulvinated
frieze, and pediment. A plaque within an apron commemorates the Jubilee of
Queen Victoria in 1887. Above the central bay and set back behind the
cornice is a timber cupola with clock. Each return wall has one bay
treated in a manner similar to the outer bays of the front facade.
Listing NGR: SD4923245196
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings