This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.855 / 53°51'17"N
Longitude: -2.726 / 2°43'33"W
OS Eastings: 352339
OS Northings: 440107
OS Grid: SD523401
Mapcode National: GBR 9RDV.MT
Mapcode Global: WH857.3C5J
Entry Name: Bilsborough Hall
Listing Date: 26 November 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1072910
English Heritage Legacy ID: 185412
Location: Myerscough and Bilsborrow, Wyre, Lancashire, PR3
Civil Parish: Myerscough and Bilsborrow
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Bilsborrow St Hilda
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 54 SW
8/25 Bilsborough Hall
Large house, c.1912, extended 1924. Snecked sandstone rubble with stone
slate roof. C17 vernacular style, with rebated and chamfered mullioned
windows. At the right of the facade-is a symmetrical 3-bay block with 3
gables. On the ground floor the outer bays have single-storey bay windows
with 4 lights at the front and one light to each of their return walls.
The middle bay has 2 one-light windows. The 1st floor windows are of 3
lights. Set back at the left is a lower range which has a one-bay
cross-wing projecting slightly at its left. This has a window of 4 lights
on the ground floor and of 3 above. To the right the ground floor is
covered by a lean-to porch roof which extends as a canopy over a 3-light
window to the right of the door.Above it is a 2-light window under a
small gable. At the left of the facade is a projecting wing, added in 1924
in the same style and containing a music room (deposited plans in
Lancashire Record Office). To its right a gabled bay with one-light
windows links it to the existing building. The added wing has a 2-storey
canted bay window which has 6 lights with mullions and transom in the
centre on the ground floor, and 2 lights with transom to the outer sides.
On the 1st floor it has 3 lights to the centre and one to each outer side.
Above the stone roof of the bay and under the coped gable there is a
one-light attic window. Chimneys have grouped square shafts. Inside, the
entrance hall has panelling of C17 type, an inglenook fireplace, and a
dog-leg stair with turned balusters and moulded handrail. The music room
has a decorated plaster ceiling in an early C17 style.
Listing NGR: SD5233940107
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings