History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Higher Fairsnape Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Bleasdale, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.9083 / 53°54'29"N

Longitude: -2.6363 / 2°38'10"W

OS Eastings: 358296

OS Northings: 445984

OS Grid: SD582459

Mapcode National: GBR BR17.1Q

Mapcode Global: WH966.G1V4

Entry Name: Higher Fairsnape Farmhouse

Listing Date: 17 April 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1072915

English Heritage Legacy ID: 185421

Location: Bleasdale, Wyre, Lancashire, PR3

County: Lancashire

District: Wyre

Civil Parish: Bleasdale

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Bleasdale St Eadmer

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Chipping

Listing Text

BLEASDALE
SD 54 NE
6/34 Higher Fairsnape Farmhouse
17-4-1967
GV II

House, 1637 and probably later C17, altered. Sandstone rubble,
pebbledashed at front, with slate roof. 2 storeys with attic with one bay
on each side of porch. The right-hand bay has a 6-light mullioned window
with hollow chamfer, outer chamfer, and hood. Above on the 1st floor there
is a 2-light window with rendered reveals and flat-faced mullion. The
left-hand bay has a 3-light window with chamfered mullions and plain stone
lintel. Above there is a 2-light rebated and chamfered mullioned window
with sill lowered. The porch now has a catslide roof continuing the pitch
of the main roof. The door has a rendered chamfered surround with hood.
Above there is a carved stone coat of arms with inscription: 'RP [Robert
Parkinson] 1637'. The inner door is now missing, but it has a chamfered
surround with triangular head and a wooden draw bar housed in the
thickness of the wall. The door opens into a lobby formed by a firehood
baffle. The chamfered and stopped bressumer remains in the right-hand
room. The rear wall has a blocked 2-light mullioned fire window, now
covered by later extensions. The ceiling has a large chamfered axial beam
and exposed common joists. The left-hand room has a moulded shouldered
fireplace with segmental head within an earlier hearth which has a heck
covered by wallpaper and a renewed bressumer. The attic over the left-hand
part of the house has a roof truss with collar and raking queen struts.
Attic over the right-hand part of the house, which is possibly
earlier


Listing NGR: SD5829645984

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.