This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8719 / 53°52'18"N
Longitude: -2.7117 / 2°42'42"W
OS Eastings: 353303
OS Northings: 441979
OS Grid: SD533419
Mapcode National: GBR 9RHN.QS
Mapcode Global: WH851.9YZ3
Entry Name: Manor House Farmhouse and Stable Adjoining to East
Listing Date: 17 April 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1072925
English Heritage Legacy ID: 185451
Location: Claughton, Wyre, Lancashire, PR3
Civil Parish: Claughton
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Garstang St Helen, Churchtown
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 54 SW
8/62 Manor House Farmhouse and stable
17-4-1967 adjoining to east
House, 1692, altered, with later stable. Slobbered rubble with slate roof
and brick chimneys. 2 storeys, 3 bays, Bays one and 2 have sashed windows
with plain stone surrounds on the ground floor and 3-light rebated and
chamfered mullioned windows above. The right-hand bay has similar
mullioned windows, of 4 lights on the ground floor and 3 above. Between
bays one and 2 there is a one-light stair window at an intermediate level.
Above the door, between the 2nd and 3rd bays, there is a blocked one-light
window. Door has chamfered surround with battlemented lintel inscribed: 'W
AT W 1692'. Chimneys on left-hand gable and to right of door. The stable,
at the right, has a window with glazing bars and plain stone surround.
Outshut to part of rear wall. The east gable wall of the stable has a
lintel re-set over a door with plain reveals, inscribed: 'IC 1716'.
Listing NGR: SD5330341979
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings