This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9079 / 53°54'28"N
Longitude: -2.743 / 2°44'34"W
OS Eastings: 351284
OS Northings: 446003
OS Grid: SD512460
Mapcode National: GBR 9R87.YW
Mapcode Global: WH850.T1ZG
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 9 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1072936
English Heritage Legacy ID: 185404
Location: Barnacre-with-Bonds, Wyre, Lancashire, PR3
Civil Parish: Barnacre-with-Bonds
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Barnacre All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
BARNACRE-WITH-BONDS DELPH LANE
SD 54 NW
Church of All Saints
Church, 1905 by Austin & Paley. Sandstone rubble with red tile roofs.
Comprises a west tower, a nave and chancel under a continuous roof, north
transeptal organ chamber with vestry, and a south chapel added in 1937.
Tower has diagonal buttresses, a north-east stair turret, and a pyramid
roof behind a parapet. The bell openings are each of 2 trefoiled lights
under a flat head, with inscriptions over. The west window is of 3
round-headed lights under a pointed head with Perpendicular tracery. The
doorway, on the north side, is moulded with a pointed arch. The nave and
chancel have windows with flat heads and trefoiled lights. The gable wall
of the north transept has a cross window, its lower lights blind. To its
right the nave has one window of 3 lights and 2 of 2 lights. On the south
side the nave has windows of 3 lights and 2 lights. The chapel has 2
3-light windows. The chapel east window is circular with a central
quatrefoil and tracery. The chancel east window is of 4 pointed lights
under a pointed head with Perpendicular tracery. Inside, the tower arch is
pointed and chamfered in 2 orders. The chancel arch is similar, but the
inner order has short attached shafts and capitals as responds. The nave
roof has king posts rising from tie beams, with curved braces to the
principals and with queen struts. Intermediate trusses have arch-braced
collars with king posts. The chancel has a barrel roof with a king-post
rising from a tie beam to an arch-braced collar. There is a sedile and
piscina. A 2-bay arcade opens into the south chapel. The early C20 glass
is said to be by Shrigley and Hunt of Lancaster.
Listing NGR: SD5128446003
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings