This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.395 / 53°23'41"N
Longitude: -2.9643 / 2°57'51"W
OS Eastings: 335970
OS Northings: 389115
OS Grid: SJ359891
Mapcode National: GBR 78S.RZ
Mapcode Global: WH877.FXMQ
Entry Name: Merseyside Centre for the Deaf
Listing Date: 19 June 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1072964
English Heritage Legacy ID: 359259
Location: Liverpool, L8
Electoral Ward/Division: Princes Park
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Liverpool
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Toxteth St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
SJ 3589 SE
PRINCES AVENUE (east side)
Merseyside Centre for the Deaf
Chapel for the Deaf, now centre for the Deaf. 1887. Red brick with red-tiled roof. Two storeys with later one storey extension. Cross-on-square plan with an octagonal first floor; gabled projecting bays to north east, that to east with round turret; the angles of ground floor between those have hipped roofs. Ground floor windows have two-light casements, the first floor above these has seven-bay lancet arcade with three windows. Projections have two lancets with round window above. Pointed entrances of three orders with hoodmoulds on angel corbels, and diapered spandrels with blind quatrefoils; flanking buttresses and weathering over. Gable crosses. Pyramidal roof interrupted by drum with four-light windows and louvred bell stage.
Listing NGR: SJ3597089115
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings