This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3861 / 53°23'9"N
Longitude: -2.9524 / 2°57'8"W
OS Eastings: 336753
OS Northings: 388113
OS Grid: SJ367881
Mapcode National: GBR 7CX.B5
Mapcode Global: WH87F.M590
Entry Name: Boat House at South End of Lake
Listing Date: 14 March 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1072967
English Heritage Legacy ID: 359265
Location: Liverpool, L8
Electoral Ward/Division: Princes Park
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Liverpool
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Toxteth St Philemon
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
PRINCES PARK L8
Boathouse at South end of lake
Boathouse. c.1842, probably by John Robertson supervised by
Sir Joseph Paxton. Timber framed with horizontal boards on
rock-faced stone base, stone chimney, concrete tile roof.
Gabled chalet style with overhanging eaves over external
stairs, bargeboards, fretted balcony to square window on
land side with enriched mouldings as a frieze, balcony
missing (1984). Fretted balustrading to stair rail, with a
door under stairs, similar to rear entrance (No balusters).
Ornamental fretting round the sides.
Listing NGR: SJ3675388113
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings