This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.738 / 52°44'16"N
Longitude: -0.6901 / 0°41'24"W
OS Eastings: 488535
OS Northings: 316403
OS Grid: SK885164
Mapcode National: GBR DS6.6CR
Mapcode Global: WHGLF.CFMT
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 21 February 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1073193
English Heritage Legacy ID: 186688
Location: Market Overton, Rutland, LE15
Civil Parish: Market Overton
Built-Up Area: Market Overton
Traditional County: Rutland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Rutland
Church of England Parish: Market Overton St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 28/06/2011
SK 81 NE
TEIGH ROAD (North Side)
The Old Rectory (number 7)
(Formerly listed as The Old Rectory)
House, formerly Rectory, of 1858. By Sidney Smirke, R.A. Coursed squared
stone with stone dressings, plinth, and band, and double span hipped
Welsh slate roof with wide wooden eaves and 5 moulded stone ridge and
other stacks. 2½ storeys of sash windows (mainly 2/2) with moulded stone
frames. Cambered lintels. Entrance front to right side of 3 windows
with central square flat-topped porch. 2 stone steps up to rounded arch
with deep hollow moulded chamfer. Console keystone. Further small 1-light
windows and 2-light dormer. Front to road of 3 2/2 sashes; the central
ground floor has 3 stone steps and 2 leaved low dado door below window.
C20 skylight in roof. Left side of 4 sashes and canted bay ground floor
right. Inside, stone floor to hall, and contemporary staircase with
moulded cast iron balusters and oak rail.
Listing NGR: SK8853516403
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings